Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hmm....

Well, if this story is any indication for how my kids feel about me, I'm in trouble. We finally finished up our VERY stimulating lessons on Bus Safety (seriously, the most DRY lessons ever, but I DID try to beef them up a bit). They were finishing up a thrilling dot-to-dot bus picture, and one of my kiddos was adding many details to his pictures. Conversation that followed between me and student:

Me:"Hey, I see that you added your bus number to your picture. Way to go!"
Student:"Yeah! Do you see the stop sign?"
"Yup."
"Do you see Kelly?" (friend that rides his bus)
"Yes, right there."
"Do you see the busdriver?"
"Yeah, but where's Mrs. Hardie in your picture?"
"Right here..." points to the person he's drawing right in the front of the bus in the danger zone, about to get run over--HA!

Overall, things get a little better everyday, and I just keep praying for joy, love, and patience as we ALL try to survive the chaos that is our class :)

3 comments:

The Gustafsons said...

I know, can you believe we've only been in school 3 weeks?!?! It feels like way longer...

Tina said...

I am sure he just didn't have time to draw in the superhero that would save you from the bus. Right? Ha! I hope the chaos subsides for you soon!

Sarah said...

That's hilarious and concerning all at the same time! :)