Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day through the eyes of my kiddos...

Well, today was one of the rare moments where I was able to step back a little bit and observe my kiddos as they celebrated Valentine's Day together. First, we wrote about what "love" means to us. Here are a few things they wrote...
LOVE IS...
  • considerate of others
  • letting go of your anger
  • family and friends, hugs and kisses
  • not hurting your animals
  • colorless (yes, one of them came up with that on their own!)
  • giving presents to people and being nice

Another cute moment today was during Math. I had given the kids each a box of "sweethearts" to sort and graph. I was just walking around the kids letting them do their own thing when I overheard them whispering...

"These hearts are inappropriate for school!"
"Yeah, this one says 'FIRST KISS'!"
"Oh yeah?!? Well, mine says 'HEY BABY'!"

hehe--I guess the kids are still innocent about some things ;)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, the mind of a child... "not hurting your animals?" I love it! :)